Access to the course: unlimited forever, you can watch this workshop as many times as you want from anywhere in the world.
Course Duration: 2hrs 40min.
Every single piece of art starts with Composition. It is a basic component of Art which allows for an establishment of visual values in the artwork. It defines how the elements are arranged or “positioned” in the artwork. It is about the balance between the elements and their visual interaction between each other. A successful composition results in an artwork that the viewer finds balanced and aesthetically satisfying to look at.
Whether you are looking for an improvement in your compositional skills or are a complete novice, this course will fill the void in your studies of art and will let you create your artwork freely and with confidence.
In this course you will learn about Organizational Tools such as:
- Format, Dimension & Positive & Negative Space;
- Rule of Thirds;
- How to construct a Golden Ratio & Golden Rectangle, about Golden Spiral and how to construct your composition following the golden grid;
- Symmetry & Approximate Symmetry;
- We do spend plenty of time studying Balance and how to organize your elements around the picture plane;
- Rule of Odds and Evens;
- Rhythm, Repetition & Movement;
You will also learn how to:
- Single out a visual Element;
- Direct the Viewer where you want them to look;
- Methods of creating a Composition;
- Identify common mistakes and learn how to avoid or fix them;
There are practical assignments for you to complete after each theme that we study. There are also plenty of hands-on examples and actual artwork samples to support the points made.
Everything is explained in Detail and with clarity so you will feel comfortable creating your own compositions.
2 Affordable Payment Plan Options:
- Pay up with one payment of $175
- Pay up with 2 monthly payments of $87.50 each
This Course is also available in a "Drawing 101 & Composition" bundle at 15% off regular price.