Type: Professional Development
Access: unlimited forever, you can watch this workshop as many times as you want from anywhere in the world.
When it comes to being an artist, perhaps the hardest thing to do is to be able to price your artwork. How much to charge? How to write up an Estimate of Costs?
In this lecture course you will learn how to price small mosaic artwork for sale and commissions. In the process you will learn and practice how to:
- calculate the cost of Materials, tools, and supplies
- calculate the cost of the Layout
- price out the Design based on the cost of materials and labor
- determine Artistic Value of your artwork
- adjust the price for sale through the galleries or websites
- come up with an attractive price and a price buffer
Part 2 of this course teaches you how to write up an Estimate of Costs for a Small Mosaic Commission. You will learn how to:
- estimate the cost of the Materials, tools, and supplies and how to charge fairly
- estimate the cost of the Layout and Labor
- based on the materials and the layout estimate the cost of the Design
- put together a formal Estimate that you can present to a client for approval
- how much to charge for a deposit and what additional costs to consider before starting your project
Both sections of the course feature downloadable PDF files with worksheets and samples for you to download, printout, and practice.
Choose from 2 Payment Options: regular access, or regular access + 30 min. consultation.
Write up the Cost of Materials
Learn what materials to include into the estimates and in what amounts.
Tools & Supplies
Learn how to include the cost of tools and miscellaneous supplies into the cost of your mosaic.
Cost of Design
Learn how to determine the cost of design depending on its complexity and the cost of materials and labor.
Price out the Work
Follow through the lectures and learn how to price small mosaic artwork, including this Peony sample.
Practice on Worksheets
Practice pricing and estimates on downloadable and printable PDF file worksheets.
Write an Estimate
Learn how to write and Estimate for a commission.
- Introduction (1:52)
- Chap 1: Cost of the Materials (3:05)
- Downloadable PDF: Cost of Materials & Supplies worksheet
- Chap 2: Time Spent (1:33)
- Downloadable PDF: Time Spent & Cost of Layout Worksheets
- Chap 3: Design & the Minimum Cost of Artwork (3:31)
- Downloadable PDF: Design Formula, Minimum Cost of Artwork Worksheets
- Chap 4: Cost of Framing (1:29)
- Chap 5: Calculating Artistic Value of the Artwork (4:36)
- Chap 6: Other Expenses (1:12)
- Downloadable PDF: Total Cost of Artwork
- Chap 7: Determining the Right Price (3:16)
- Chap 8: Other Factors to Consider (4:02)
- Downloadable PDF: Practice Sheet 1: Determine the Price for a Mosaic
- Chap 1: This is Different from Pricing (2:48)
- Chap 2: Calculating Cost of Materials (2:05)
- Downloadable PDF: Internal Estimate: Materials & Supplies
- Chap 3: Cost of the Layout (3:00)
- Chap 4: Cost of Design (1:32)
- Chap 5: Adding It Up (2:45)
- Chap 6: Write an Estimate (5:41)
- Downloadable PDF: Estimate Samples
- Downloadable PDF: Practice 2: Estimate Writing Worksheet
Learn from an Expert!
Yulia Hanansen has been a professional mosaic artist for 20 years. She has written many estimates for her clients for both, small and large scale mosaics. By using Yulia's formula and worksheets you will gain an experience in pricing out your mosaics, so you are comfortable doing it on your own.
Not sure how to price out a particular piece? Choose Option 2 when paying for this workshop and get a 30 minute consultation with Yulia via phone or video.
Other Courses Available
These workshops are available with the lifetime access to the content. Once purchased, you can view the workshop as many times as you like. Watch the pro, work at your own studio!